Who is an Associate of Sion?
A person who lives and makes a formal commitment to the charism of the Sisters of Sion in its threefold commitment to the Church, to the Jewish People and to a world of justice, peace and love (Const. #13). Participates in the plan and process of formation noted below in order to be a presence of Sion in all areas of life and work.
Who is a Friend of Sion?
A person who lives and shares the charism of the Sisters of Sion in its threefold commitment to the Church, to the Jewish People and to a world of justice, peace and love without making a formal commitment. Participates and shares in the activities, plan and process of formation noted below.
Ways of living and participating as an Associate or Friend
- Learning about the charism in order to live its values towards the Other and all others.
- Doing, following biblical studies.
- Participating in a common Sion project (schools, colleges and centres).
- Participating in certain ministries with Sisters of Sion (i.e. catechetics, centres, parishes, in other groups).
- Studying Scripture and the Jewish tradition in order to transmit the charism through teaching.
- Participating for a period of three months to a year as a volunteer in one of the ministries of the Congregation.
- Central America: Sr. Ana Maria Murcia – e: anamurca1045 (at) yahoo.com.mx
- North America: Sr. Mary Babic – e: mobabic (at) aol.com
- Europe: Sr. Teresa Brittain – e: tbrittain8 (at) tiscali.co.uk
Video – from Mark Friend of Sion, Australia